Women Empowerment Cell
Women Empowerment refers to increasing and improving the social, economic, political and legal strength of the women, to ensure equal-right to women, and to make them confident enough to claim their rights, such as:
- freely live their life with a sense of self-worth, respect and dignity
- have complete control of their life, both within and outside of their home and workplace
- to make their own choices and decisions
- have equal rights to participate in social, religious and public activities
- have equal social status in the society.
- have equal rights for social and economic justice.
- get equal opportunity for education.
- determine financial and economic choices.
- get equal employment opportunity without any gender bias.
- get safe and comfortable working environment.
Women have the rights to get their voices heard, so here in Vel Tech High Tech Dr.Rangarajan Dr.Sakunthala Engineering College, we have established the “Women Empowerment Cell named “ ————————-“
- To educate the environment (teaching and non –teaching) and students towards gender sensitization.
- To organize programmes on gender sensitization for both boys and girls.
- To provide a 24 hour helpline and help desk.
- To strengthen the physical and psychological attitude of women to handle critical circumstances.
- Guest Lectures, Workshops to be organized. Role plays, street plays, games to be organized to help change the student behavior thereby, helping them to assume a responsible role.
- Surveillance cameras to be installed in all important and strategic places that can be monitored by the security officials of our college.
- The girl students are instructed to abstain using short cut paths to reach any destination in the campus, especially during nights.
- Making an awareness of the Women’s act and legal consultative for safety and security of women.
- Creating awareness on the possible different forms of sexual harassment that would be imposed on women by the opposite sex.
- Providing counseling services to resident and non- resident students.
The following dress code for students is desirable.
- Body fit clothing, transparent or revealing outfits should be avoided.
- For girls, salwar kumeez with duppatta is advisable.
- Torn, faded jeans, T shirts should not be allowed for boys.
COMMITTEE OF STUDENT COUNCIL