INSTITUTION RESEARCH COMMITTEE
Institution Research Committee
Research & Development (R&D) centre is setup in out institute to provide specialized administrative and managerial support for the operation of sponsored research, consultancy and other R&D related activities of our Institute. This centre is an integral part of the academic activities of our institution. R&D centre was established at Vel Tech High Tech (VTHT) to inculcate research and innovative skills among faculty and students. This centre provides a platform for creativity and innovations to flourish young minds in our organization synergistically. It encourages the students and faculty to undertake the research in newly emerging frontier areas including multidisciplinary fields. This enhances the general research capability of budding technocrats by way of organinsing and participating in conferences, seminars, workshops, project competition, etc.
- To establish relationship with national and international research organizations for widening scope of research options and funding opportunities for faculty and students.
- To develop and support existing and emerging research strength.
- To provide suitable enabling research environment and infrastructure
- To facilitate multidisciplinary research excellence.
- To provide scope for faculty and students to collaborate with industry for consultancy projects.
- To encourage faculty and students to apply Patents and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR).
- Faculty Research committee selected by R&D Dean with the approval of Principal(Chair- R&D) which represents R&D coordinator from every department, it specifically work for faculty of Institute and motivate the faculty of the Institute in achieving the objectives of R&D.
- Promote faculty to write effective research proposals for funding agencies.
- Guidance to research staff in order to raise the standard in academic and research activities
- Promote faculty to organize and attend conference/STTP/workshops/ Seminars/Training/ FDP for faculty
- Create awareness and promote faculty for publication, research contribution and patents
Execution of research initiatives planned by Dean R &D
The research monitoring committee is constituted comprising of a Chairperson, Research Coordinator and members from various departments as given below
|2||Dr.P.Shanmugan,||Senior Principal Scientist,|
Central Leather Research Institute( CLRI)-CSIR,
|3||Dr.R.Sowmeyan||Professor /Civil||Dean (Research)|
|4||Dr. D.Yuvaraj||Professor /Biotechnology||Deputy Dean(Research)|
|6||Dr.J.Iyyappan||Biotechnology||R&D, Dept. Coordinator|
|7||Dr.B.Bharathiraja||Chemical Engineering||R&D, Dept. Coordinator|
|8||Dr.R.Sowmeyan||Civil Engineering||R&D, Dept. Coordinator|
|Dr.S.Veeramalai||Computer Science & Engineering||R&D, Dept. Coordinator|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering|| |
R&D, Dept. Coordinator
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering|| |
R&D, Dept. Coordinator
|12||Dr.M.Malleswari||Information Technology||R&D, Dept. Coordinator|
|13||Dr.V.Sathiyamoorthy||Mechanical Engineering||R&D, Dept. Coordinator|
|14||Dr.J.Senthil Murugan||Master of Computer Applications||R&D, Dept. Coordinator|
|15||Dr.T.Evangeline||Master of Business Administration||R&D, Dept. Coordinator|
|16||Dr.R.Muralidharan||Science & Humanities||R&D, Dept. Coordinator|